Carolina Hemp Naturals
CBD Oil / Hemp Oil
Cannabidiol, commonly known as CBD, is one of over 100 compounds found in the cannabis/hemp plant. CBD oil is made from extracting the cannabinoids from the cannabis plant and combining them with a carrier oil for easy application and use.
Unlike other cannabis products, hemp extract only contains trace amounts of THC, which is the psychoactive component of cannabis. This makes hemp extract non-psychoactive and frees the user from unwanted side effects.
Why Choose Carolina Hemp Naturals?
We are the only whole spectrum hemp extract on the market.
- Many hemp extracts and CBD oils on the market today are broken up into isolate, broad, and full spectrum products. All of these have one thing in common, parts of the hemp plant are taken out before a final oil is produced.
- We created whole-spectrum hemp extract because we believe it provides the most complete and beneficial expression of the hemp plant possible. When these compounds are left in their natural ratio, the maximum amount of benefit follows.
We use the same strain, grown in Western North Carolina mountain soil, to bring you consistency and quality in every bottle
- We are natives to the Western North Carolina mountains, so we know first-hand just how special this region is. With ancient soil full of vitamins and minerals combined with a temperate climate, hemp grows hearty and strong here.
- The hemp flower we source for Carolina Naturals CBD Oil are exclusively grown here in WNC, and they truly embody the powerful energy of the soil in which they are grown.
Our hemp extract is based on the idea that mother nature is the supreme chemist.
- Under this philosophy, the natural state of the plant provides the most benefit to our bodies.
- Our Carolina Hemp Naturals product is produced in the herbalist tradition which embraces less is more. There have been numerous studies showing the potential dangers of a highly concentrated product. Our bodies don’t need these high concentrations of CBD. No one owned a CO2 extractor a thousand years ago, but hundreds of cultures have taken advantage of the hemp plant fully. We make sure our extractions pull the entirety of the plant into the oil, allowing a perfect mimic of mother nature's natural compound.
- Important buffers between compounds exist in these states, resulting in not only an incredibly safe and natural mechanism for absorption but in the most beneficial ratios for the body.
- We like to make the comparison of Ibuprofen to willowbark. Because Ibuprofen is an isolated version of the natural compound found in willowbark, it can be quite harmful to the body if taken in large amounts. Willowbark is virtually harmless taken in any amount, due to these natural bufferings found in the whole version of the plant. Our Carolina Hemp Naturals follows this idea, leaving in natural buffers that allow the compounds of the hemp plant to work together, as nature intended.
What are the different spectrums of CBD Oil?
- Isolate is derived by an extraction process that isolates CBD from the other compounds found in the cannabis plant.
- Once the CBD concentrate is separated from the other compounds in the plant, it then goes through a second process, which removes any remaining waxes, terpenes, or cannabinoids.
- This creates a highly pure CBD product, which sounds appealing and is certainly how many of us were introduced to hemp and CBD; however, there are dangers to taking isolated based oils and products.
- Large doses of isolated CBD may result in interactions with many common pharmaceuticals.
- Broad Spectrum CBD falls somewhere between isolate and full spectrum. What begins as a full spectrum oil, with a wide range of beneficial cannabinoids and terpenes, then goes through a refinement process to remove all THC compounds.
- Broad spectrum CBD oil contains no THC. There is a large misconception in the hemp industry that having small amounts of THC can cause psychoactive effects, and isn’t necessary for beneficial effects. However, this isn’t the case. THC in small quantities like this are non psychoactive, and play an important role in the overall potency of the hemp oil in helping the body, often called the “Entourage Effect”.
- Full Spectrum hemp extracts contain a larger profile of beneficial cannabinoids and terpenes than broad spectrum. Full spectrum will contain trace amounts of THC, and higher percentages of cannabinoids.
- What full spectrum often misses are the other components besides cannabinoids and terpenes. These include two important compounds, phytonutrients, terpenoids, and flavonoids, that aid in helping nourish the endocannabinoid system.
- Whole Spectrum extraction is what sets Carolina Hemp Naturals apart from other products. Whole spectrum hemp extract is made using a combination of ethanol extractions.
- Our process is rooted in herbalist tradition, whereas the natural botanical solvent produced from plants is used to collect all the phytonutrients the flower of the cannabis/hemp plant has to offer.
- As a result of introducing whole-spectrum extracts, we have learned from our customers to embrace the “less is more” approach to serving size. This is a natural product with the full complement of compounds provided by “Mother Nature”, and as such it proves to be more effective in smaller servings than denatured products in larger servings.
- When the "whole spectrum" of phytonutrients is present in the finished product, the endocannabinoid system (ECS) is nurtured such that a physiological response is often recognized and can be described within the first few minutes after taking a full day’s serving of the product.
Does CBD Oil Get You High?
Since CBD oil or hemp extracts only contain trace amounts of THC, they do not create the feelings of intoxication or impairment that many associate with the sensation of being “high” on cannabis.
This is excellent news for those who want to avoid side effects such as anxiety, paranoia or confusion that can be commonly experienced from cannabis products that contain THC, but still want to enjoy the many benefits of hemp extract.
How Does CBD Oil Make You Feel?
Since everyone’s body is different, users report a wide variety of feelings and sensations related to incorporating hemp extracts into their wellness regimen.
Some people experience a feeling of relaxation and a reduction in anxiety. Others notice the feeling more in the overall reduction of pain and inflammation in the body. Others notice marked improvements in their digestion, immune system, and sleep.
Will CBD Oil Show Up on a Drug Test?
We created our Carolina Hemp Naturals Whole Spectrum Hemp Extract with ten times less than the legal limit of THC for these purposes. THC at these quantities has zero psychoactive effects but does help in the overall Entourage Effect of the hemp oil. Although extremely unlikely, we can not guarantee you will pass a drug test after taking Carolina Hemp Naturals.
How Do I Use CBD Oil?
There are several methods for utilizing the benefits of our Carolina Naturals CBD Oil!
We recommend a serving of 0.25 mL, twice daily, taken under the tongue and held there for 60 seconds before swallowing. We provide a graduated dropper so you can accurately measure your serving. We advise all of our customers to “Start low and go SLO” with our sublingual oil (SLO). Placing it under your tongue is considered the most effective ingestion method, and the one we recommend.
Depending on your physiology you may desire to increase the frequency of your servings to suit your own personal needs. We recommend starting with the suggested serving twice a day for two weeks prior to making any adjustments. Increase your servings by one additional serving per day allowing two additional week’s time to note any change in effect.
If after increasing your serving frequency you find you desire more you may increase your serving size as well. We suggest doing so in 0.25 mL increments.
You can also apply CBD oil directly to the skin. As it is the largest organ of our bodies, and is full of blood vessels that communicate with every body system, this is an excellent method for absorbing hemp extract into your entire body in a gentle, controlled manner.
We suggest that you pay attention to your body and how it responds to the Carolina Hemp Naturals product and let those observations be your guide. You may even want to keep your own Carolina Hemp Naturals ECS journal and track your observations.