Carolina Hemp Naturals | 25% off Nourish, Support, & XO at Checkout
Cannabidiol, commonly known as CBD, is one of over 100 compounds found in the cannabis plant. CBD oil is made from extracting the cannabinoids from the cannabis plant and combining them with a carrier oil for easy application and use.
Unlike other cannabis products, hemp extract (commonly referred to as CBD oil) only contains trace amounts of THC, which is the psychoactive component of cannabis. This makes hemp extract non-psychoactive and frees the user from unwanted side effects such as anxiety, paranoia or feelings of impairment.
We bring you the highest-quality, all-natural hemp extracts in formats that are easy to incorporate into your wellness lifestyle.
Why Choose Carolina Hemp Naturals CBD Oil?
We are the only whole spectrum hemp extract on the market.
- Many hemp extracts and CBD oils on the market today are broken up into isolate, broad, and full spectrum products.
- Our Carolina Hemp Naturals CBD oil is the only whole-spectrum hemp extract on the market.
- We insist on whole-spectrum hemp extract because we believe it provides the most complete and beneficial expression of cannabidiol possible.
We use the same strain, grown in Western North Carolina mountain soil, to bring you consistency and quality in every bottle.
- We are natives to the Western North Carolina mountains, so we know first-hand just how special this region is.
- The hemp extracts we source for Carolina Naturals CBD Oil are exclusively grown here in WNC, and they truly embody the powerful energy of the soil in which they are grown.
- We also feel that growing hemp in this region allows the fullest benefits of cannabinoids to be expressed in the products, and we are committed to passing on only the very best hemp extracts to you.
Our hemp extract is based on the idea that mother nature is the supreme chemist.
- Under this philosophy, the natural state of the plant provides the most benefit to our bodies.
- Our Carolina Hemp Naturals product is produced in the herbalist tradition which embraces less is more.
- When the "whole spectrum" of phytonutrients is present in the finished product, the endocannabinoid system (ECS) is activated such that a physiological response can often be recognized and described in the first few minutes after taking the product.
- Important buffers between compounds exist in these states, resulting in not only an incredibly safe and natural mechanism for absorption but in the most beneficial ratios for the body.
- We like to make the comparison of Advil to Willowbark. Because Advil is an isolated version of the natural compound found in willowbark, it can be quite harmful to the body if taken in large amounts. Willowbark is virtually harmless taken in any amount, due to these natural bufferings found in the whole version of the plant. Our Carolina Hemp Naturals follows this idea, leaving in natural buffers that allow the compounds of the hemp plant to work together, as nature intended.
What are the different spectrums of CBD Oil?
- Isolate is derived by an extraction process that isolates CBD from the other compounds found in the cannabis plant.
- Once the CBD concentrate is separated from the other compounds in the plant, it then goes through a second process, which removes any remaining waxes, terpenes, or cannabinoids.
- This creates a highly pure CBD product, which sounds appealing and is certainly how many of us were introduced to hemp and CBD; however, there are dangers to taking isolated based oils and products.
- Large doses of isolated CBD may result in interactions with many common pharmaceuticals. Not only will this interrupt biological pathways, but it will not be effective in reducing pain, inflammation, and other symptoms because isolate CBD dosing is shaped to a bell-curve.
- Broad Spectrum CBD falls somewhere between isolate and full spectrum. What begins as a full spectrum oil, with a wide range of beneficial cannabinoids and terpenes, then goes through a refinement process to remove all THC compounds.
- Broad spectrum CBD oil contains no THC. There is a large misconception in the hemp industry that having small amounts of THC can cause psychoactive effects, and isn’t necessary for beneficial effects.
- However, this isn’t the case. THC in small quantities like this are non psychoactive, and play an important role in the overall potency of the hemp oil in helping the body, often called the “Entourage Effect”.
- Hemp products outside of cannabis-legal states aren’t allowed to have more than 0.3% THC concentration, therefore won’t have psychoactive effects.
- Full Spectrum hemp extracts contain a larger profile of beneficial cannabinoids and terpenes than broad spectrum. Full spectrum will contain trace amounts of THC, and higher percentages of cannabinoids.
- What full spectrum often misses are the other components besides cannabinoids and terpenes. These include two important compounds, phytonutrients, terpenoids, and flavonoids, that aid in helping nourish the endocannabinoid system.
- Whole Spectrum extraction is what sets Carolina Hemp Naturals apart from other products. Whole spectrum hemp extract is made using a combination of ethanol extractions.
- Our process is rooted in herbalist tradition, whereas the natural botanical solvent produced from plants is used to collect all the phytonutrients the flower of the cannabis/hemp plant has to offer.
- As a result of introducing whole-spectrum extracts, we have learned from our customers to embrace the “less is more” approach to serving size. This is a natural product with the full complement of compounds provided by “Mother Nature”, and as such it proves to be more effective in smaller servings than denatured products in larger servings.
- When the "whole spectrum" of phytonutrients is present in the finished product, the endocannabinoid system (ECS) is nurtured such that a physiological response is often recognized and can be described within the first few minutes after taking a full day’s serving of the product.
- For some, a couple weeks of consistent use proves an effective way to determine the impact of adding Carolina Hemp Naturals to their nutritional regimen.
Does CBD Oil Get You High?
Since CBD oil or hemp extracts only contain trace amounts of THC, they do not create the feelings of intoxication or impairment that many associate with the sensation of being “high” on cannabis.
This is excellent news for those who want to avoid side effects such as anxiety, paranoia or confusion that can be commonly experienced from cannabis products that contain THC, but still want to enjoy the many benefits of hemp extract.
How Does CBD Oil Make You Feel?
Since everyone’s body is different, users report a wide variety of feelings and sensations related to incorporating hemp extracts into their wellness regimen.
Some people experience a feeling of relaxation and a reduction in anxiety. Others notice the feeling more in the overall reduction of pain and inflammation in the body. And many people notice marked improvements in their digestion, immune system, and sleep!
Will CBD Oil Show Up on a Drug Test?
Carolina Hemp Naturals products do contain CBD compounds and traces of THC, so they may cause a failing grade on a drug test. There are several types of urine drug tests used with regularity, and all have different criteria for what constitutes a passing or failing grade. The LCMS urine drug screening test is the most accurate and will show the difference between THC and CBD compounds in the system, but it is more expensive to perform.
As North Carolina residents are protected by the North Carolina Anti-Discrimination Law, most workplaces should be supportive of your use of Hemp Extract if you are transparent with them from the outset. It is against the law for any North Carolina employer to discriminate against an employee or prospective employee for using legal products (like CBD and hemp extract) in their off-hours, as long as it does not interfere with their work performance.
How Do I Use CBD Oil?
There are several fantastic methods for utilizing the benefits of our Carolina Naturals CBD Oil!
We recommend a serving of 0.25 mL, twice daily, taken under the tongue and held there for 60 seconds before swallowing. We provide a graduated dropper so you can accurately measure your serving. We advise all of our customers to “Start low and go SLO” with our sublingual oil (SLO). Placing it under your tongue is considered the most effective ingestion method, and the one we recommend.
Depending on your physiology you may desire to increase the frequency of your servings to suit your own personal needs. We recommend starting with the suggested serving twice a day for two weeks prior to making any adjustments. Increase your servings by one additional serving per day allowing two additional week’s time to note any change in effect.
If after increasing your serving frequency you find you desire more you may increase your serving size as well. We suggest doing so in 0.25 mL increments.
You can also apply CBD oil directly to the skin. As it is the largest organ of our bodies, and is full of blood vessels that communicate with every body system, this is an excellent method for absorbing hemp extract into your entire body in a gentle, controlled manner.
We suggest that you pay attention to your body and how it responds to the Carolina Hemp Naturals product and let those observations be your guide. You may even want to keep your own Carolina Hemp Naturals ECS journal and track your observations.